Get professional-grade faucet, fixture, and sink installations. Call (559) 540-2399 for service in Plumbing Fresno, CA.
Garbage disposals are an important part of every kitchen. Like every mechanical tool, there are several things that can go wrong. If garbage disposal doesn’t work properly it causes a number of problems.
How Garbage Disposals Protect Your Plumbing System
Your garbage disposal is more than just a mere convenience. Garbage disposals can be used to prevent major drain clogs, and consequently in the process help you avoid decreased water pressure, pipe leakage, and potential water contamination.
You may be wondering how this works. Well, small food particles make their way down your kitchen sink on a daily basis, and they tend to remain there over time. Running a little hot water through won’t be enough to eliminate this sort of debris. If these food particles remain in your drain system, finally they can create serious clogs. A properly functioning garbage disposal can prevent these clogs from forming with regular grinding.
Follow these tips and tricks to ensure your garbage disposal works safely and efficiently:
- Never put hard materials such as bones or shells in the disposal.
- If you have a lot of material to dispose of, do it in stages so the machine does not jam.
- After using the disposal, run water through the blades. This will quickly clean them and prevent food from getting stuck to them.
- If you experience a problem with your garbage disposal, call for a professional repair.
- To schedule an appointment, contact us today!